Monday, July 02, 2007

Preparing for the Peachtree


In an earlier post I spoke of participating in the Peachtree Road Race, here in Atlanta, on the 4th of July. Friends, that time has come. More than 50,000 people, including me, are two days away from the anticipated event. Over the past couple of days I've been asking myself, "What have I gotten into?" :) Well, as I train for physical stamina, I've also been training for spiritual endurance. Memorizing and studying God's word has helped me tremendously. I am trusting and believing that His word will see me through. Hebrews 12:1 says,
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
My prayer is that I will run with endurance, just as Jesus Christ endured on the cross. The word of God has sustaining power!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adriane,
It was such a joy to meet you and Tony at New Life and to share in the great feast of the Word we received while there! Thank you for the fellowship. It was refreshment for my soul.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow during the big race! I look forward to reading your reflections on your experience.

Much love in Christ,
Kristie

Adriane said...

Kristie,

Hey how are you? I was just speaking about you the other day. I need to get your address. Rachel wanted to send a little note to the girls. I too, found it a treat beyond treats to sit under the Word and to be able to meet you and your family. I look forward to chatting with you more.
Thanks for your prayers.


In Christ