Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dew Drops from Heaven

I posted this last year in July. As I was reading over this post, I found it to be just as encouraging now as I did then. My prayer is to encourage and love those who are dear to me with the words of my mouth. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer" Psalm 19:14 May our words be a sweet sound in the ears of our Lord and a refreshing drop of dew on the hearts of those we love.


How often do we take the time to encourage the people we love? How often do we make an effort to tell them how much they mean to us, how we were moved when they did or said a particular thing? Well this evening I saw the importance of verbally encouraging the ones we love and in this particular case, our spouses.

We had some good friends over and we enjoyed a game of Win, Lose, or Draw, but with a twist. Each clue that was to be drawn was associated with a virtue. (Love, humility, etc.) As we unfolded each one some marvelous things were brought to the light. We had the opportunity to tell our spouses things we never thought to say and maybe things they thought they would never hear. It was such a beautiful thing to see. The encouragement that came from a few words. The air seemed easier to breathe and the future was something we could look forward to.

I would beseech thee to take the time to encourage your spouse. Let him or her know about the little things they do, or the qualities they possess, how those entities encourage you.

I want to leave you with a quote from the beloved author John Bunyan. He says so wonderfully:



"The doctrine of the gospel is
like the dew and the small rain that distilleth upon the tender grass, wherewith
it doth flourish, and is kept green (Deut. 32:2). Christians are like the
several flowers in a garden, that have upon each of them the dew of heaven,
which being shaken with the wind, they let fall their dew at each other's roots,
whereby they are jointly nourished, and become nourishers of one another. For
Christians to commune savourily of God's matters one with one another, it is as
if they opened to each other's nostrils boxes of perfume."

As the dew drops from heaven, may we nourish the roots of the one we love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging post!

Shatoyia said...

Very Encouraging and necessary!