Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!!!!


Today marks my 14th year of marriage. It seems that just a short time ago, I was walking down the isle to meet my beloved, the one whom God had specially designed for me. I often thank the Lord for being so gracious to me, in the giving of a gift that is priceless. My husband.


When one understands the sovereignty of God, you gain a perspective on the things that happen in your life. It amazes me that before the beginning of time, God's sovereign plan was to specifically shape, mold, and fashion my husband for me and me for him. And through the years the Lord continues to water and prune us both, so that we will continue to grow in love with Him and with each other.


I praise the Lord that our season of life together is not over. My prayer is that our love for one another would be reflective of His great love for us and that it would be pleasing in His sight. Using the words of the Shulamite woman in the Song of Solomon, I'd like to say this of my husband,


My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.
His head is purest gold; his hair is wavy and black as a raven.
His eyes are like doves by the water streams, washed in milk, mounted like jewels.
His cheeks are like beds of spice yielding perfume. His lips are like lilies dripping with myrrh.
His arms are rods of gold set with chrysolite. His body is like polished ivory decorated with sapphires.
His legs are pillars of marble set on bases of pure gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as its cedars.

His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Song of Solomon 5:10-16


Praise the Lord for 14 wonderful years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adriane & Tony,
Happy Anniversary! Praise God for His faithfulness and grace in your lives. I pray that the Lord would grant you many more years of fruitful ministry and love.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Praise God for your marriage and commitment to one another.