Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our Perfect God

Over the past couple of months I have been reading the book Our Perfect God by Tim Shenton. It is the summary of the attributes of God. In this book Shenton breaks down each attribute with the idea that :




a. The perfections of God are, in both fact and idea, essential
to and inseparable from, the nature of the divine Being, which in itself is
infinite, eternal and unchangeable.


b. The perfections of God can only be known in the way and as far as he
has condescended to reveal them.


c. From eternity God possessed these attributes in all their fullness,
for they are co-existent and eternally unchangeable qualities of the divine
Being.


d. Although each attribute will be dealt with separately, they must
never be thought of as 'parts' of God's being or disassociated from his other
perfections, for God is one and indivisible.





This has been an eye-opening experience for me. I will be sharing, on occasion, some of my thoughts as well as words and their definitions. If you would like to join with me on this journey, please do. I would love to know your thoughts as well.

No comments: