Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Christ Is All

"And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He
may have the preeminence." Col. 1:18

On Sunday morning I was reading a devotional that lit torches in the crevices of my soul. Heather Olford brought home the fact that Christ is the preeminent one and the head of the church. Thus, He should be the head of our lives. Our being and very existence is for the worship and adoration of our Savior and God. We are to worship Christ with the understanding that He deserves all of our love and devotion. Those who don't comprehend this well, will ask "Why do you worship Him?" In his book, The Air I Breathe, Louie Giglio says, "You've been created by God. And if that wasn't enough, you've also been created for Him. As a result, there's an internal homing device riveted deep with your soul that perpetually longs for your Maker. An internal, God-ward magnet, pulling your being toward Him. That's why we come from the womb equipped for connectivity with God, prewired to praise."

Christ, who was sent by the Father, must reign supreme in our hearts. Having the Savior as the preeminent one in our lives will produce waterfalls of praise and adoration. In Matthew 12:34 it says, "out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." Heather ended the devotional with this, "When Christ is Lord of all, the Holy Spirit fills our lives and we can't help but overflow in witness."

I had to take a moment and go into the recesses of my mind and examine whether or not Christ is all in my life. No thing or person should take precedence in our lives. Is Christ all in yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that line, "...lit torches in the crevices of my soul." Perhaps a little melodramatic, yet like Spurgeon, it makes the point. Good post.

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I finally get to "meet" you.

I'm always popping over to your hubbie's blog to see what I can learn for the day.

I'm bookmarking your blog now!

Adriane said...

Hey Vikki, thanks so much for visiting by blog. I went to yours for the first time this evening. I'll be visiting more often.

Anonymous said...

You go girls!

Adriane said...

Hey Micheal, Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be posting more things soon.